DABS Sponsor MAERSK Singapore invites members (only!) to a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit an oil drilling rig – conveniently located in Singapore.
Maersk Drilling currently has one of their jack up rigs, Maersk Completer placed at KeppelFels and has invited DABS to come and see it.
When a drilling rig is in operation it is typically located in the most remote places and far off shore. This is thus a unique opportunity to come visit one of these massive platforms and hear about the operation of the rig and about life on board.
DABS Members will get a tour of the rig and an update on the drilling business.
Date and time:
There will be 2 tours each limited to 10 persons:
Wednesday, 24 January 2018 from 1pm – 4pm &
Thursday 25 January 2018 from 1pm – 4pm.
Bus will be arranged from and to the yard departing from Southpoint, , S-089763 at 1pm.
The event is free of charge.
Priority registration for DABS Sponsors (1 seat each) until 19 January. Remaining seats will be available for DABS members from 19 January onward on a first-come first-served basis.
Kindly register by sending an email (including your shoe size and height) to [email protected].
- You will be wearing personal protection equipment provided by Maersk Drilling.
- We will need to know your shoe size and height.
- When arriving at yard please wear covered shoes and clothes that covers your legs.
- You can’t bring camera’s, except for you hand phones.
- Arriving at the yard and rig a safety briefing will be conducted.
- It will be warm, you will sweat and there isn’t showering facilities available afterwards.